From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>, oyvind.harboe@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Arm 9 support?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:06:11
1 On Thursday 02 August 2007, wireless wrote:
2 > Looking at the Zylin web site, I like their business model. However
3 > they look limited to arm7 (no thanks) tools and a arm7 on a FPGA.
4 > Interesting but not enough horsepower for my desires. I'm not much
5 > of a fan of Ecos. It's ok, but we usually use state-machine design,
6 > (if needed on a second embedded process for RT needs) and then use
7 > embedded linux, for the richness to application resources.
8
9 their business model targets arm7, but the eclipse plugin is by no means
10 limited to it. i use it to do JTAG work on Blackfin -- that thing is a lot
11 more different from arm7 than an arm9 ;)
12
13 > Do you think Zylin would be interested in extending their JTAG
14 > solution to the Arm9 family? Got a contact at Zylin?
15
16 sorry, i dont know anyone there
17 -mike