From: Roger Andersen <anderspam@×××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] file system corruption on reset - map root file system readonly?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:30:20
1 I'm using a Compulab iGLX board with an AMD Geode LX800 CPU running Gentoo.
2 When I power-cycle the board without a clean shutdown (or sometimes even
3 with one), the file system always gets corrupted in some way, and Linux
4 struggles mightily to come back to life.
5
6 The vendor suggests that I need to modify the Linux installation so that the
7 root file system is mounted read-only - but they offer no clue how to do
8 this (which makes me think they don't know how to do it themselves).
9
10 I've searched for techniques, and found things are that are close, but so
11 far, no cigar.
12
13 1. Is there a standard way to go about this with Gentoo Linux?
14
15 2. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here as far as using
16 Gentoo/Linux file systems in embedded systems where the CPU will almost
17 never get any warning before a system reset? I know it's possible to do this
18 successfully but I can't get over the goal line with this iGLX board.
19
20 Thank you for any advice in advance -
21 Roger
25 Sent from the gentoo-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.