From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:04:11
1 On 01/03/2012 23:11, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
2 > All the things I use are available in a tar tree here :
3 >
4 > http://people.meleeweb.net/~beber/gentoo/boest-gentoo.tgz
5 >
6 > Comments are welcome !
7
8 That's really very neat. My only observation is: have you considered
9 trying portage profiles to further simplify things? They are basically
10 cascadable and inherit from each other, so you can do some clever tricks
11 to reduce duplication (I use it on our servers quite extensively)
12
13 One of the things I haven't quite got under control is a simplified
14 patching process for ebuilds to avoid creating many local ebuilds. I'm
15 currently experimenting with using the /etc/portage/env type process via
16 bashrc. I use an "autopatch" type idea, and also read in extra bashrc
17 files per package. However, it's not very well integrated with my build
18 tracking process (but it works quite nicely...)
19
20 Good luck!
21
22 Ed W