From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] where to find starting point.
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 06:26:24
1 On Thursday 04 November 2004 01:02 am, Quentin Arce wrote:
2 > I would like to use gentoo on an embedded PPC8248
3 > (8260 work alike) system. where may I find your
4 > tools.
5
6 we will have some uclibc/ppc stages available with the 2004.3 release that is
7 coming up ... in the mean time you can find pre-release stages here:
8 http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/ppc/embedded/stages/
9
10 > Looking in portage I don't see much. I see
11 > the PIC Micro tools I have used... but not the mini
12 > root, etc noted on
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/index.xml
14
15 unfortunately, our current our toolset is limited mostly to uclibc stages and
16 what you can find in portage :/
17 the idea with the stages is that you can develop projects in a native
18 buildroot and then transfer the files to the target
19
20 > Also, I tried to join the gentoo-embedded irc channel
21 > and the server said not found....
22
23 the server is irc.freenode.net
24 -mike