From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] [patch] Busybox interactive config in pkg_config
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:25:13
1 On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 23:38 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 14 July 2005 09:21 pm, Kristian Benoit wrote:
3 > > As I just fixed the pkg_config (see on gentoo-dev mailinglist) to allow
4 > > more interactiveness, I modified busybox's ebuild accordingly. So now
5 > > one could:
6 > >
7 > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild unpack
8 > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild config # which pop a menuconfig
9 > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild merge
10 >
11 > wrong use of pkg_config imo
12
13 I share the same opinion, but it's a solution with the "actual" portage
14 version that allow someone to make menuconfig from an ebuild so the user
15 can pre-configure the package without doiing most of the job by hand.
16
17 > pkg_config is for post-emerge configuration
18 >
19 > what you want is a new function called 'src_config' which has been proposed
20 > recently
21
22 As make menuconfig is part of the build process and not a
23 post-configuration like pkg_config is, I sent another patch with a
24 src_preconfig (on gentoo-dev). See:
25 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-dev&m=112143274103251&w=2
26 For src_config, it wont be there to run interactive stuff, but for
27 splitting src_compile in src_config and src_compile as non interactive
28 task. src_preconfig is there for optional interactiveness between
29 src_unpack and src_compile.
30
31 Imo, src_preconfig is way better, but some people dont seem to share my
32 opinion so I found this hack which allow a user to configure it without
33 doiing all the job by hand.
34
35 Thank for your feed back.
36