From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] [patch] Busybox interactive config in pkg_config
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:25:13
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 23:38 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 14 July 2005 09:21 pm, Kristian Benoit wrote: > > As I just fixed the pkg_config (see on gentoo-dev mailinglist) to allow > > more interactiveness, I modified busybox's ebuild accordingly. So now > > one could: > > > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild unpack > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild config # which pop a menuconfig > > $ ebuild /path/to/busybox.ebuild merge > > wrong use of pkg_config imo
I share the same opinion, but it's a solution with the "actual" portage version that allow someone to make menuconfig from an ebuild so the user can pre-configure the package without doiing most of the job by hand.
> pkg_config is for post-emerge configuration > > what you want is a new function called 'src_config' which has been proposed > recently
As make menuconfig is part of the build process and not a post-configuration like pkg_config is, I sent another patch with a src_preconfig (on gentoo-dev). See: For src_config, it wont be there to run interactive stuff, but for splitting src_compile in src_config and src_compile as non interactive task. src_preconfig is there for optional interactiveness between src_unpack and src_compile. Imo, src_preconfig is way better, but some people dont seem to share my opinion so I found this hack which allow a user to configure it without doiing all the job by hand. Thank for your feed back. Kristian -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list