From: KiberGus <kibergus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] slow compilation on NFS Root -> use an external USB hard disk ;-)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:46:10
1 > if your machine doesnt have enough physical ram to compile w/out -pipe, then
2 > it's time to search for another option :)
3 > -mike
4
5 I've stuck in-to similar problem. You can use qemu in arm emulation
6 mode. It is slow enough, on my amd64 3200+ it is about 1.5 times, than
7 my asus A620 with 400 Mhz arv5, but you can get much more RAM. I have
8 512 phisical RAM and 200 can be esaily given to virtual machine.
9 --
10 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list