From: David Bryson <david@×××××××××.com>
To: Ed Plese <ed@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Catalyst building dependencies
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:02:12
1 On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 05:57:33AM -0500, Ed Plese wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've been experimenting with using catalyst to build an embedded system,
5 > and noticed that it is hardcoded in embedded-chroot.sh for catalyst to not
6 > build the dependencies for any packages. With this being the case you'd have
7 > to manually review the ebuilds for any packages and add their dependencies to
8 > the package list.
9 >
10 > Granted this is trivial to fix by removing the -O option from clst_myemergeopts
11 > in this file, but wouldn't this be better off as a option somewhere? Or am I
12 > missing something here? Having catalyst build the dependencies worked quite
13 > well for me.
16 It was done that way by design. Currently there is no dependancy tree
17 for embedded images. For example, if you build a system with busybox,
18 emerge will still attempt to install sed, awk, getty, and other
19 applications already provided by busybox.
20 The -O flag is there so that people can customize the image exactly
21 the way they want it to work.
24 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list