From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Strange epatch failures
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:33:49
1 On Thursday 10 January 2008, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 January 2008, Christopher Friedt wrote:
3 > > I ran into this really strange epatch failure recently with an
4 > > arm-softfloat-linux-gnu system. I originally cross-compiled/emerged the
5 > > baselayout, libc, gcc, etc, and now I'm natively compiling / emerging
6 > > other packages with qemu.
7 > >
8 > > The strange thing, is that for generally any ebuild that uses epatch,
9 > > the patch fails.
10 >
11 > please review the FAQ. you need to build bash natively first or the
12 > signals are screwed up.
13
14 blah, someone on irc pointed out the faq doesnt contain this question. seems
15 this local edit of mine was lost when my hd bit it.
16
17 sorry about that, there should be a FAQ about this posted now.
18
19 i did try to fix the issue once, but ended up fjucking bash for everyone, so
20 it was commented out.
21 -mike