From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP Question
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:35:54
Hello everybody,
 I am really hopeful to get a response... I have a very specific
problem and also it is very specific with the hardware.

   My system looks something like....

1. Hardware:
             a. Multiple intel processors each of which is dual core.
             b. Each processor is 64 bit processor and Hyper threading
is supported
             c. I am using SMP feature of Linux Kernel too.

The objective is to generate a Network Appliance Kernel to support
this Hardware configuration.

2. Software :
             a. My portage is created using GNAP_MAKE  all with the option -o
                pointing to our portage tree on the host system.
             b. Attached is a file of my kernel.config in my myspecs directory
             c. Also i have added kernel depended modules to Live CD
                such as... Beastile(for security), bridge-utils
                (for network specific requirements)
	     d. In use section of my liveCD i have added SSL, threads, mmx, nptl
                and nptlonly

Now let me talk about my problems

--> Unfortunately I have not been able to complete Stage-3, due to
errors in Catalyst
    mostly related to kernel versioning problem in ebuild and several
emerge errors.

--> Obviously i am doing something wrong so, can you please
explicitely suggest a pathway
    If someone can guide me through a step by step(procedure to create
a liveCD)
    i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
"How can anything be impossible when impossible itself says I M Possible???"
gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP Question Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>