From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] init Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:42:55
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:13:32 +0200 "Jean Blignaut" <jean@×××××××.biz>
4 wrote:
5
6 > Init: Id "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
7 >
8 > What does this mean?
9
10 The inittab entry named "s0" exits with errors in too short intervals.
11 It's a "respawn" entry.
12
13 > ----I also see this in the log:
14 >
15 > agetty: ttyS0: ioctl: Input/output error
16
17 I think this will likely cause it as there's apparently a getty set up
18 to listen on the serial line #1. Most likely, that device doesn't exist
19 (yet) at that point. Probably compiled as a module?
20
21 > error communicating with the kernel
22
23 I've never seen this before (but I'm not using serial console), but I
24 think it may be from agetty, too.
25
26 So you'll want to check your inittab or kernel config, depending on
27 whether you want a serial console or not.
28
29 -hwh
30 --
31 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list