From: Karl Hiramoto <karl@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross compiling libperl
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:52:24
Petric Frank wrote:
> Hello, > > i've read the mail from Corey <corey@...> (dd. 2006-11-20 03:13:19 GMT). > > The problem is that the build process compiles a test program for the > destination platform and afterwards it tries to execute it. > This will never work when cross compiling. > > Are there any workarounds available (patches for the ebuild, etc.) ? > > regards > Petric >
There are a lot of packages like this that come this way from upstream Options that have worked for me 1. modify the configure script and/or makefiles to not run the test program 2. In a few cases i complied gcc for my ARM platform, then compiled natively.. I think perl was one of these.. It took hours to compile.. -- Karl. -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross compiling libperl Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross compiling libperl Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>