From: Daniel <dragonheart@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: uclibc-buildroot
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:47:49
> brainstorm...
storm rolls in from the south.
> > I don't know if this was intended or a side effect of me removing the > linux-headers from the SRC_URI but after the build it sure wont exist in > all cases. (bug||feature)?
bug - will search out a good list of mirrors /url for it.
> KERNEL_SOURCE="/var/tmp/portage/uclibc-buildroot-20040209/work/buildroot/to >olchain_build_i386/linux" > > Log of the installed files > >
Thankyou - reassuring to get a similar list. If anyone constanly gets a asm operand error I have had it fairly constantly. Will post more if I work it out.
> I see we have some init files etc.. Do you think we going to have > problems with the baselayout-lite stuff the other guys have been working > on?
Once baselayout-lite gets going a bit more I'll get rid of most of these. There is some benefit to keeping this self contained.
> Anyway I'm rebuilding now with my USE flags from before minus nls now. > USE="-nls" emerge --debug uclibc-buildroot 2> /tmp/new.x > > Then I plan on switching to the CHOST to i386-linux-uclibc-3.2.3 and see > if the uclubc-buildroot can bootstrap itself. I'll try various other > combinations so we can get this bad boy working for ~arch.
I haven't tried lots of permutations so thankyou. I will look at stripflag to see how/if it can be used on configurations.
> I know mutex has some stuff he's been working on from the catalyst > approach that sound very promising, hopefully we can all tie this > (uclibc, crossdev, catalyst, baselayout stuff) back in together with > each other.
All for it.
> Looking at the ebuild makes me wonder if we really need sys-libs/glibc > or if virtual/glibc would work in the DEPENDS. Any insights?
I haven't tried compiling uclibc-buildroot with uclibc. Once its a bit more tested a virtual would be applicable. I've removed the PROVIDE virtual for the time being. A few people reported breakages because of it. Cheers, -- Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o> Gentoo Embedded Project irc:// -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list