From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] e2fsprogs and libuuid and parallel make
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:22:23
On 08/17/2011 08:43 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> Solution 1: compile e2fsprogs with -j1 and perhaps report it upstream > Solution 2: I've seen that the ebuild in portage explicitly disables > libuuid (--disable-libuuid) [1] and also libblkid. > --disable-libuuid do not build private uuid library > --disable-libblkid do not build private blkid library
[Solution 3] Try to fix parallel make, make bug with patch upstream. Integrate existing bits from and with that. [Solution 4] Patch out test program, not cool :-) Anyone got time for solution 3?
> Moreover, tst_uuid.c is a "test program for the UUID library" but > looking at the build system, it seems to be impossible to disable it. > Perhaps we should test out the generated initramfs with e2fsprogs > compiled with --disable-libuuid --disable-libblkid > > [1]
The currently user^^ parameters --disable-libblkid \ --disable-libuuid \ --disable-fsck \ --disable-uuidd looks a bit wierd. But if that's right, I'm not objecting to a move to that. Best, Sebastian