From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-genkernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-genkernel] Hello all
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:23:01
1 On 03/25/2012 06:11 AM, Richard Farina wrote:
2 > Lastly, and possibly the only bit interesting to most of the list, we
3 > added in selectable compression to make the initramfs compress with the
4 > best possible supported method, since it's the simplest, I'll paste that
5 > inline and get some feedback now. Basically we remove all that static
6 > stuff and then attempt to detect the best compression and use it. Please
7 > note this diff is based on 3.4.18 not current, I'll update once you all
8 > pick it apart.
9
10 it seems robbat2 has ported that approach from pentoo over to gentoo
11 already, see
12
13 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/genkernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=94dc288487f2cb5c993ed471ed490a0031a65acc
14