From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-gnustep@l.g.o
Cc: "Sourav K. Mandal" <sourav.mandal@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-gnustep] building ebuild for GNUStep application
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:27:52
On January 2, 2008, Sourav K. Mandal wrote:
> > I'm trying to iron out Oolite build > > > > Unfortunately I don't have time to work on it now. However, you might > look at how the current GNUmail and camaelon ebuilds handle deleting and > symlinking resources in their "src_install" routines. Hopefully this > will give you an idea of how to write one fro oolite. > > Sourav
Just as an update - those pointers were really useful and I was able to finalize ebuild after all (see for finalized version). However, just to stay on the "purist" side - using "inherit gnustep-2" as suggested in eclasses pulls in some dependancies that are not really needed (like gnustep-gui and some other) which is not very gentoo-like. Is there a plan to produce more modular eclasses to inherit from (I used "inherit gnustep" and "DEPEND=gnustep-base" initially but comments in gnustep class suggest that it's deprecated)? -- Dmitry Makovey Web Systems Administrator Athabasca University (780) 675-6245

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-gnustep] building ebuild for GNUStep application "Sourav K. Mandal" <sourav.mandal@×××××.com>