From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-guis@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-guis] One backend for all portage GUIs
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:22:20
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 19:47 +0200, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
Yeah, I know... I made the list only for reference as to the calls to portage used. To know what they are used for, etc. you need to go thru portagelib. Many of the ones needed you already have blank defs for and raise NotImplemented ERROR. I didn't expect you to implement them all now anyway :)
> > There are certain issues with the current API: > > 1.) Add some more stuff needed by other frontends. > 2.) Perhaps merge the Package and the System object as they both just > provide functions.
I had a chance to look over your code a little more. I think it would be less confusing if some of the files and classes were renamed. You've used and class XXXPackage several times. It gets confusing with a frontend's Package class... Since they are just function groups then perhaps class CPVFunctions Anyway, I have some ideas on how we might organize groups of functions, but I need more time to think it thru and get them down in print.
> 3.) Merge package.is_in_overlay() and package.get_overlay_path() > 4.) Get rid of the different get_*_settings functions and add special > ones: get_homepage, get_depend(which), get_arch, ... > 5.) Currently there are two functions returning use flags which were set > at installation time of a package: > - get_use_flags(): Returning ALL set useflags > - get_installed_use_flags(): Return only the set useflags which are > also in IUSE. > This should perhaps be merged into one function with an attribute > "only_iuse" or similar. > > Some comments are appreciated ;) > > - - Necoro
Sorry, I have to work again tonight. I won't have time to look yet. Only enough time to respond with this email. -- Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net> -- gentoo-guis@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-guis] One backend for all portage GUIs "René 'Necoro' Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>