From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-guis@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-guis] Welcome
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:18:13
1 On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 11:45 +0100, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
2 > Am 08.02.2011 08:08, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
3 > > Welcome back to everyone that is registered to gentoo-guis mail list.
4 > > This is perhaps a foolish test, since I may be the only one signed up at
5 > > this point. None the less, It should test that it shows up in the
6 > > archives :)
7 >
8 > Greetings :)
11 aha! It works :) and I'm not alone :)
12
13 So, to catch you up on the goings on lately...
16 We now have an overlay, ... gentoo-guis, for live ebuilds of our guis
17 projects and guis related projects. It isn't in the main list yet, but
18 soon.
19 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoo-guis.git;a=summary
20
21 After not hearing from sping, I forked layman, started overlord to keep
22 working on the rewrites and the api I did last year.
23 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/overlord.git;a=summary
24 I rewrote the cli to use the new api, that was a 20-35% speed up, and
25 some other changes, improvements to the api,...
26
27 That lasted a about week. As of last night, I am the main dev/admin on
28 layman. sping did another release last night with any fixes, etc..
29 Layman has been moved to
30 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=summary
31 instead of SourceForge for development. Transfered it all to me. So
32 now I have to port all my changes back to laymans codebase, not much of
33 a base change, but...
34 I added an irc data field to the repository info, so now I have to work
35 on
36 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/repositories-xml-format.git;a=summary
37
38 project as well to add that addition to the gentoo infra tools that
39 validate, etc..
40
41 Wizzleby and I are collaborating on making kde and gtk fontends for
42 overlord/layman. Your welcome to join in if you have time. Your input
43 would be appreciated. I think I would call the frontends overlord
44 still. I really like that name :)
47 Anyway, it's good to hear from you :D
50 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>