From: "Max Zettlmeißl" <max@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Current kernel status
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 04:45:06
1 On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Guillaume Ceccarelli
2 <guillaume@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > As far as I know, official grsecurity is the only game in town now. I can’t comment on their pricing for personal use. You might want to get in touch and ask them if you haven’t done so recently.
4
5 They currently do not offer a program with "a suitable pricing for
6 personal use" but also state that they are "exploring alternatives".
7 (Whatever both those things mean exactly.)
8
9 In the meantime they suggest to use "minipli's 4.9 unofficial fork",
10 which is not an attractive option for me.
11 For the time I stick with the upstream kernel and hope that they
12 finally start caring more about security. The Kernel Self Protection
13 Project might be a start, but I doubt that it will be able to change
14 the current policy when it comes to features which potentially reduce
15 the general usability of the kernel.