From: Peter Harmsen <phaceton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Using the NX bit on VIA C7
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:15:30
1 You should run a PAE enabled kernel.
2 Boot from the gentoo-livecd with "gentoo mem=64" on the prompt.
3 Than during kernel configuration choose highmem=64.
4 As said use the kernel options noexec=on noexec32=on.
5 As far as i know this only functions with 32-bit kernels.
6
7 dmesg |grep NX should give: NX (Execute Disable) protection: active