From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy module packages
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:13:45
1 On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 02:03:40PM -0500, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Robbat2 brought the naming issue up and suggested the ${CAT}-${PN}
3 > scheme, but you make a good point about the mapping being many-to-many
4 > in general.
5 >
6 > If we agree to this standard, how to we grandfather in the packages that
7 > are already in sec-policy? Renaming packages is a pita and we should
8 > avoid it if we can.
9
10 In theory, when the SELinux state is appropriate for more production-like
11 use, the packages are being pulled in as a dependency and not as an
12 emergeable package (so not "emerge selinux-gnupg" but "emerge gnupg" should
13 pull in the selinux- package).
14
15 As such, I think we can have the older one(s) die as long as the
16 dependencies on the master packages are brought up to date.
17
18 I personally dislike packages like "sec-policy/selinux-app-crypt-gnupg" if
19 "sec-policy/selinux-gpg" works equally well (or better), but I haven't read
20 the discussion on this online (just heard from others about it). I also
21 don't mind if general consensus is not my preference as I think it is more
22 important that we set a rule/guideline for the developers to follow
23 strictly.
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen