From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Interesting error
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:02:23
1 I was having some permissions issues with my stable x86 box following
2 some updates late last week. For starters I pulled in r8 from the ~x86
3 tree but that didn't resolve the issues, so I just left SELinux running
4 permissive and finally had a couple hours today to look more closely at
5 what was going on. Tried running a sesearch command and this is what I
6 got back.
7
8 ERROR: policydb version 27 does not match my version range 15-26
9 ERROR: Unable to open policy /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.27.
10
11 So does r8 need a newer kernel or a newer setools package or what might
12 be happening here?
13
14 I have kernel 3.5.4-hardened-r1 and setools-3.3.7-r3 from the stable tree.
17 Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
18 PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
19 http://www.cci.org