From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Which hardened kernel feature disables wine?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:49:08
1 >> >> Thanks everyone, that worked great. Is there a way to get a list of
2 >> >> files which have been operated on by paxctl? I didn't see anything in
3 >> >> man paxctl.
4 >> >
5 >> >
6 >> > qlist -ao | scanelf -f - -q -x
7 >>
8 >> Thanks Ned. I get the following but I've only ever issued paxctl
9 >> referencing /usr/bin/wine-preloader. Can you tell me why the other
10 >> files might be listed?
11 >>
12 >> # qlist -ao | scanelf -f - -q -x
13 >> --mxe- /opt/emul-linux-x86-java-1.6.0.11/bin/java
14 > ..
15 >
16 > portage and or the toolchain handles them.
17 > Packages with known problems such as wine should be pax-marked
18
19 If I'm understanding correctly, emul-linux-x86-java, VirtualBox, and
20 sun-jdk have known problems with pax so portage pax-marks them.
21 Shouldn't portage pax-mark wine too instead of me doing it manually?
22
23 - Grant
24
25 > See /usr/portage/eclass/pax-utils.eclass for more details.
26 >
27 > Finding pkgs that use these functions can be done like this.
28 >
29 > qgrep -Hvv 'pax-mark'