From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Policies and Ports - how to define access?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 10:24:33
1 Hi,
4 I've looked at the Gentoo SELinux web pages etc, the SELinux Handbook
5 and through the Reference Policy and I cannot find the answer to a
6 simple question.
7
8 I am writing a small policy for my backup system and I want to be able
9 to a) access a MongoDB running on remote servers, and b) use rsync. I
10 can see two AVCs relating to my port use and I know how I can fix the
11 problem from the command line, but surely I should be able to address
12 this in the policy? I think there is an rsync interface I need to call
13 (rsync_entry_type(mytype_t)) and I assume this will run rsync in the
14 right domain?
15
16 Mongo has a policy but the only interface is admin. All I need to do
17 locally is connect to the port. Can I use "portcon" in a policy to do
18 this or do I need to do something else?
19
20 Thanks,
21
22 Robert Sharp