From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Disappearing root on 2.6.36-hardened-r6 upgrade
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 10:02:43
1 On 26 Dec 2010 at 1:59, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > I've got (at least) two servers that lose their root partition after
4 > this upgrade. One of them has an HP cciss SCSI RAID controller; the
5 > other has a single IDE hard drive. Assuming the problem is something
6 > common, I'll stick to describing the one with the array for now.
7
8 which grsec is this ebuild based on? my guess is that it's a recent PaX/UDEREF
9 hardening that's causing this and should be mostly fixed now except for the
10 IP checksum code fix which i'll release soon. in the meantime you can disable
11 UDEREF. if you don't have it enabled then i don't know what it is, we'll need
12 more debugging, let me know.