From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gcc4.1.1 with hardened
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:55:26
1 So it sounds like if I have a web facing machine where "hardened" is
2 merely a nice to have that I should plough forward with a 2006.1 profile
3 right now, then change to hardened profile later. It appears that this
4 presents the fewest things which can go wrong? Given that 4.1.1 is also
5 only a nice to have, then it appears also possible to simply sit on a
6 purely standard hardened profile right now and just wait for things to
7 mature..?
8
9 Any comments?
10