From: Pavel Labushev <p.labushev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] CUDA
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:06:23
1 14.11.2011 00:15, Alex Efros пишет:
2
3 > P.S. I'm pretty sure it's much better to have full-featured (including
4 > accelerated 3D and CUDA) hardened workstation with partially relaxed
5 > protection on some binaries, than full-featured non-hardened workstation
6 > or hardened workstation without these (important for workstation) features.
7
8 http://www.securiteam.com/unixfocus/6A00E20H5A.html
9
10 "There have been multiple public reports of this NVIDIA bug on the NVNews
11 forum [1,2] and elsewhere, dating back to 2004 [3]. NVIDIA's first public
12 acknowledgement of this bug was on July 7th, 2006. In a public posting [1]
13 on the NVNews forum, an NVIDIA employee reported having reproduced the
14 problem, assigned it bug ID 239065, and promised a fix would be forthcoming.
15
16 As of the publication date, the latest NVIDIA binary driver is still
17 vulnerable. Furthermore, it is our opinion that NVIDIA's binary driver
18 remains an unacceptable security risk based on the large numbers of
19 reproducible, unfixed crashes that have been reported in public forums and
20 bug databases. This number does not include bugs reported directly to NVIDIA."
21
22 Suit yourself.