From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Progress towards XATTR_PAX in Gentoo.
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:03:05
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 If you don't know by now, you should know about an alternative way of
4 doing PaX flag markings in Gentoo. All the pieces are in place except
5 the eclass and you could start using it today, but it is unpolished.
6 The best way to get to know what its all about is to help me with the
7 documentation. I'll upload it after discussion. Its at
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/zzz/pax-quickstart.xml
10
11 It describes pretty much anything. Give it a read and let me know what
12 you think should be added. BTW, the very last tool described,
13 migrate-pax, is still not on the tree. Its in the elfix repositorty but
14 I'm working on it to add another option -d which will remove all
15 XATTR_PAX markings from the system so one can un-migrate. By the end of
16 the day that may already be in there :)
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
20 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
21 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
23 GnuPG ID : D0455535