From: Igor Novgorodov <igor@××××.net>
To: Clemente Aguiar <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Could not load modules.dep
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:13:15
1 Hello Clemente,
2
3 Thursday, May 10, 2007, 3:01:43 PM, you wrote:
4
5 > Since a while ago I have been getting a series of errors at start-up on
6 > my servers, such as:
7
8 > "FATAL: Could not load
9 > /lib/modules/kernel-hardened-2.18-r6/modules.dep:
10 > No such file or directory"
11
12 > I configured my hardened kernels with "loadable module support"
13 > disabled, so I think that modules.dep could never exist.
14
15 > First of all, I can see these messages "fly" by the console at start-up,
16 > but it seems that they are not logged (I can't find them anywhere).
17 > Shouldn't they get logged somewhere?
18 You can try setting RC_BOOTLOG="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc
19 Messages will be logged to /var/log/boot.msg
20
21 > Second, how can I get rid of the messages altogether?
22 Just do "rc-update del modules" to remove module init script from
23 startup
24
25 > Hope somebody can help me with these two issues.
26
27 > Clemente
34 Best regards,
35 Igor mailto:igor@××××.net