From: Gordon Malm <gentoo-hardened-ml-01@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources vs gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:26:18
1 On Tuesday, May 13, 2008 15:51:44 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > How long does it typically take for hardened-sources to catch up to
3 > gentoo-sources when new versions are released? I'm asking because of
4 > issues I'm having with the new Broadcomm wireless driver (b43) that was
5 > introduced in recent kernel versions. For some reason I can't figure
6 > out, the 2.6.24 version doesn't work with my hardware but the 2.6.25
7 > version does. For the time being, I'm stuck running an older hardened
8 > kernel but I'd really like to move to the new mac80211 stuff.
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 >
12 > --Mike
13
14 There are a lot of variables & parties involved along the chain to every new
15 hardened-sources release. In recent history initial hardened-sources
16 releases have taken anywhere from ~1 week to ~2.5 months from the date of a
17 new mainline kernel release. Usually ~2 weeks - 1.5 months. For the moment,
18 appears that will continue to be the trend, at least in the short-term (next
19 6-9 months = .25/.26/.27 releases). But as with all predictions - mmv.
20
21 Gordon Malm
24 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list