From: Stefan SF <stefan@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux + vixie-cron
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:23:57
1 Hi,
2
3 > Looks like theres something wrong with your /etc/group file, since it
4
5 Wholy damn, you're right :-)
6 The first line of /etc/group looked like this:
7
8 Root:x:0:root
9
10 I haden't regocgnized that in programs like ls, all root-groups were uppercased!
11 Hmm maybe I know how this was possibly. I'm using a serial line console and a vt100-emulation. So when ever I try to use the page-down-key in vim, the terminal or vim recognize it as something special and changes the letter to an uppercase!
12
13 After changing it back to:
14
15 root:x:0:root
16
17 the emerge of vixie-cron went the right way and a /usr/sbin/cron was created!
18
19 thx for the quick help!
20
21 ciao, Stefan :)