From: antoine <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux & udev
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 01:03:53
1 > > As for your question, if you want udev, then yes, you should put udev
2 > > there. Mine is set to static because I had problems with software-RAID
3 > > (udev not creating my rootfs, kernel fails to load init, etc, etc.). If
4 > > udev doesn't do problems to you (and you actually need it - and with a
5 > > server - do you really need it?) - you can use it :)
6 > >
7 > Same thing here. My rootfs is on a SCSI device controled by an Adaptec u160,
8 > udev cran't create it if i don't set static.
9 > Kernel fail to load etc etc
10 I felt adventurous so I upgraded to ~amd64 and I used the new setting
11 in /etc/conf.d/rc:
12 RC_USE_FSTAB="yes"
13 then I added to /etc/fstab:
14 none /dev tmpfs defaults 0 0
15 Reboot and it all works!
16 I had a few warnings, relabelled /dev and now everything is good!
17 That's with a rootfs on software raid, no initrd. Works for me(tm)
18
19 Antoine
20
21 PS: since my other questions are still un-answered, I've re-posted them
22 below so that they don't get forgotten about:
23
24 A lot of the services are chrooted at the moment, I ended up having to
25 change a lot of the .fc files to add "(/chroot/[myservice])?" in front
26 of the file definitions. Is there any reason not to have this merged?
27 (I know the benefit of having chroot is moot when you have selinux
28 enabled - but when you're in between...)
29 But there is still a problem with the labels under /chroot/[myservice],
30 which conflict with some selinux checks, preventing me from duplicating
31 the same labels that are under /.
32
33 Portage triggers some policy violations that would be fixed by:
34 allow portage_fetch_t portage_tmp_t:dir search;
35 allow portage_fetch_t portage_tmp_t:file { getattr read };
36 allow portage_t tmpfs_t:filesystem getattr;
37 Am i the only one seeing this? I see no reason not to merge them into
38 portage.te.
39
40 I've noticed that a lot of the services which can be used with a mysql
41 backend (ie: spamd, postfix, etc) do not include policy for this since
42 it is a package option (+mysql). Is there any way we can have this
43 included in the .te files but conditional?
44 Not necessarily using an "ifdef(`mysqld.te', `" (which would include it
45 as soon as mysql is installed) but maybe a combination of the above + a
46 flag?
47
48 Is there any interest in merging the policies I have started building?
49 Using mainly audit2allow (and a bit of thinking, and retro-fitting the
50 macros which is the hard part), I have made policies for: amavis,
51 setiathome, mdadm, saslauth, java, tomcat, fetchmail, psad, etc.
54 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list