From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] persistent paxctl -m?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:37:50
1 On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 18:10 +0200, klondike wrote:
2 > 2009/4/9 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>:
3 > > I seem to need to remember to paxctl -m the firefox binary whenever I
4 > > upgrade firefox. This inevitably leads to a browser crash and lost
5 > > time/info. Can I set up paxctl -m to persist, even if firefox is
6 > > upgraded?
7 > You can't unless you modify the ebuilds as that info is stored in the
8 > executable file.
9 >
10 > The best you can do is open a bug and try to convince the mozilla
11 > maintainers to add that feature.
14 That would be just wrong. firefox itself behaves. It's more likely he is
15 using a plugin which does not.
18 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
19 Gentoo Linux