From: Adam Lantos <hege@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened glibc-2.5 issues
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:43:27
1 a full recompile might be a good idea, but
2
3 mysql,openldap & glibc-2.4 nptlonly worked well
4 mysql,openldap & glibc-2.5 -nptl works well now
5 mysql,openldap & glibc-2.5 nptlonly won't work
6
7 I have bdb,cyrus-sasl and openldap recompiled after every glibc merge.
8 So I think the issue is more glibc's nptl-related that
9 dependency-problem related. Slapd don't use libraries except bdb and
10 glibc. Strace showed that some syscalls were interrupted and thus
11 child process were sigkilled. (epoll, maybe, but I'm not sure)
12
13 Don't get me wrong, I love gentoo because it's a source distro :) It's
14 the first big issue I had with it in two years, so I am glad to use it
15 further.
18 yours,
19 adam