From: "Israel G. Lugo" <israel.lugo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Profile hardened/linux/amd64 updated
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:03:50
1 Thank you for the update.
2
3 I have changed profiles on several x86 and amd64 production machines and
4 encountered no problems.
5
6 Regards,
7 Israel
8
9 On 11/25/2010 01:36 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
10 > Hi everyone,
11 >
12 > I've now updated the amd64 profile for hardened:
13 >
14 > hardened/linux/amd64
15 >
16 > Please test by switching to your new profile and making sure nothing has
17 > changed in your system and world targets.
18 >
19 > That's it for the profile changes! All supported arches have been taken
20 > care of. What this does for us in the long run is make it so you, the
21 > users, don't have to manually switch from
22 >
23 > hardened/linux/amd64/10.0
27 > hardened/linux/amd64/11.0
28 >
29 > when/if a new release 11.0 is ever out. We can take care of all the
30 > profile updating behind the scene. Ideally you'll only have to use
31 > eselect profile if you *want* to change profiles, not because you have
32 > to as part of some updating.
33 >
34 > As usual, please report any breakage.
35 >