From: "Tóth Attila" <dwokfur@×××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux implemented services
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:05:10
1 I'm about to set up a new box. It'll run Hardened Gentoo (suprise!) - what
2 else?
3 Beside providing usual services (ssh, mail, etc.), it would also function
4 as a (uhm..) desktop (i know, i know...).
5 I'm hesitating between Grsec and SELinux.
6 I'm already quite familiar with Grsec, but I have just some limited
7 knowledge and experience on SELinux. IMHO, a regular desktop system should
8 also have effective security features enforced nowdays.
9 Has anybody running xorg on an SELinux box (i know, i know)?
10
11 Are there any working policies for, or has anybody ever sucessfully used
12 the following list of deamons?sendmail
13 dovecot
14 (cyrus-imapd?)
15 spamd
16 clamd
17
18 BTW, which MTA suit would you recommend to use with SELinux?
19
20 Should I stick to my good old Grsec RBAC policy if I hope for desktop
21 functionality?
24 Best Regards to all members and especially to Hardened developers.
27 If you go Hardened, you cant stop it.
28 --
29 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus Szakorvos jelölt, 06-30-5962-962
30 Attila Toth MD, Radiology Radiologist in Training, +36-30-5962-962
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list