From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Hardened with 1 user and 0 services?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:46:18
1 Am Sonntag, 24. Februar 2008 schrieb 7v5w7go9ub0o:
2 > The hardened toolchain'll protect you outright against some types of
3 > memory attacks; GRSEC'll provide additional PAX protections; putting
4 > net-clients into the much-harder jails provided by some hardened kernels
5 > (e.g. grsecurity) will confine damage (e.g. my browsers, mail clients,
6 > media players, chat client, ooffice, etc. are each in their own
7 > hardened-chroot jail), plus RBAC will stop a browser that suddenly
8 > decides to browse about the box (well, within the jail :-) ) looking for
9 > information, or trying to effect changes.
10 Did you (or anybody else here) already set up some chroot/jail/other
11 restrictions for a browser like Konqueror with grsec/RSBAC? How does it
12 look like? It's hard for me to image what to restrict without dramatically
13 cut down the usefullness of the program. And how to deal with spontaneous
14 exceptions to the rules (like limiting to ports 80 and 443 and then wanting
15 to contact port 8080).