From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: rumen_yotov@×××.bg
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] problems with bittorrent and bittornado
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:06:17
1 On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 16:44, Rumen Yotov wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Tried to DL the new packages-athlon-XP-2004.2.iso with bittorrent or
4 > bittornado but couldn't. The system killed the processes
5 > (btdownloadcurses and gui).
8 > Used strace and it seems that PaX is the culpit, could somebody confirm
9 > this?
10
11 Your understanding of the problem seems backwards. python is probably
12 the culpit and PaX is only making it obvious that something else has a
13 fundamental code flaw.
14 (It bugs me when I see people blame pax & grsec for faulty software)
15
16 Now without a single piece of debug info or dmesg logs we can't do
17 anything to help you.
18
19 > Have quite full grsec2&PaX with ~x86 system (hardened).
20 > Did it with azureus, but it's a java app.
21 > During tries with strace it even locked my xterm.
22 > TIA
23 > Rumen
24 --
25 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
26 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer