From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RELRO and Xorg
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 19:08:07
1 onsdag 02 oktober 2013 20.41.32 skrev Alex Efros:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 09:21:00PM +0200, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
5 > > > I can test proprietary nvidia if someone provide me with modified ebuild
6 > > > or patch or instructions what's to do.
7 > >
8 > > If you want to try, you could try the xorg-2.eclass from here:
9 > I've tried both rebuilding only xorg-server first, restart X, then
10 > rebuilde all x11-drivers/* packages and reboot (to reload kernel
11 > module) - in both cases everything works fine with proprietary nvidia.
12 >
13 > I've also tried nouveau and nv drivers, but got "Failed to load …
14 > undefined symbol: …" errors (with different symbols for each driver).
15 > Maybe this happens because some other libs should be recompiled, or
16 > because of already loaded nvidia kernel module.
17
18 When i tred nouveau and the radeaon driver i needed to define the load order of
19 the drivers modules else i did get undefined symbols. On radeon i could not
20 even load some of the needed modules. But all this was some long time ago.
21 /Magnus