From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Fwd: hardened gentoo mailman/postfix/apache notes?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:38:28
1 Hi Baojun,
2
3 late response though, but I came across the same problem just today and
4 found your post ;)
5
6 Wang, Baojun wrote:
7 > Now I think all the configuration is working but the permission have some
8 > problem, since I'm using gentoo hardened, I think the problems are because
9 > I'm using hardened gentoo, How can I solve this problem, and any hints?
10
11 When using TPE use the following Kernel-Options (you might want to
12 select another gid):
13
14 CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_TPE=y
15 # CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_TPE_ALL is not set
16 CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_TPE_INVERT=y
17 CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_TPE_GID=2000
18
19 after booting the fresh-built kernel create a new group "tpeexcl" with
20 gid 2000, add both mailman and apache users to the "tpeexcl" group,
21 mailman and its webinterface now should work.
22
23 hth,
24 Tobias
25
26 PS: I'd suggest deploying the -r2 (currently _not_ marked stable) which
27 uses "proper" paths (i.e. doesn't install to /usr/local plus separates
28 application binaries (/usr) from application data (/var)).
29 --
30 Gentoo Linux - Die Metadistribution
31 http://www.mitp.de/1769
34 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list