From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] kernel 3.7 -> internal 'udev'; signed lkms; file hash validation
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:04:15
1 On Dec 19, 2012 9:23 PM, "Maxim Kammerer" <mk@×××.su> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM, "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
4 wrote:
5 > > Integrity Measurement Architecture sounds interesting.
6 >
7 > Last time I have looked into deploying IMA in Liberté Linux, it seemed
8 > like a world of pain with outdated kernel patches and a requirement
9 > for SELinux if you didn't want to guess the exact form in which file
10 > hashes would propagate into IMA backend. You can also forget about it
11 > working with anything non-standard like Unionfs. Use Busybox in
12 > initramfs? Its mount doesn't support -o iversion. Etc. etc.
13 > https://github.com/mkdesu/liberte/commit/73f7bf3
14
15 IMA and EVM are the initial scope (but I don't want to end with just
16 IMA/EVM) of the system integrity subproject of Gentoo Hardened. I have had
17 good success with the ima patches (which were previously not merged) and I
18 hope that 3.7, when available as hardened-sources, allows our users to play
19 with IMA as well.
20
21 I will be providing an IMA-enabled (with appraisal active) VM as well then.
22
23 There is already some content on the subproject site (
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/integrity/index.xml) but more will
25 follow soon.
26
27 Wkr,