From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: [gentoo-hardened] Any hardened features to protect from CVE-2016–5195 like vulnerabilities?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 02:00:09
1 Apologies, a combination of a different keyboard and gmail shortcuts
2 cut that off. I meant to link to:
3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row_hammer.
4
5 I expect bugs similar to rowhammer and mad COW to become more
6 pervasive as architectures shift towards a combination of high core
7 count, application specific features, and more complicated memory
8 sharing and locking mechanisms. As far as I am aware no designs
9 receive a human audit and are all produced by automatic synthesis
10 tools. Certain older Intel parts are/were popular in aviation as they
11 were the last chips to be designed by hand.