From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SSP + setjmp() = badness?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:45:23
1 On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 20:33 +0200, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > On 31 Jul 2006 at 11:28, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > gcc-4.x and hardened are not in the works..
4 > > We are undecided at this time how much we wish to pursue that avenue.
5 >
6 > which part of hardened gcc is in question? i'd think that at least
7 > PIE/RELRO/BIND_NOW are as easy to support as in 3.x.
8
9 Yes these would be pretty trivial to do.
10
11 > ssp may or may
12 > not be a good idea given how new the 4.x series is, but as Mike said,
13 > at least there's an eager upstream to fix any issues.
14
15 I think the major problem we are facing here is how to cleanly upgrade
16 from 3.x to 4.x. symbol names have changed. And using the stub/aliases
17 method Peter used in uClibc svn allows the __guard to be overwritten.
18 Flags are missing etc. Upstream also destroyed the value of the handler.
22 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
23 Gentoo Linux
26 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list