From: Ermanno Baschiera <ebaschiera@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsecurity slows down a web server?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:16:14
1 Maybe it can be activated in bios configuration?
2
3 -ermanno
4
5 2009/1/23 René Rhéaume <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>:
6 > On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> Very close. PAGEEXEC is enabled, but so is SEGMEXEC. My CPU is a
8 >> P4-2.8, and I'm not sure about NX support but these are the flags:
9 >>
10 >> fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
11 >> clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc pebs bts
12 >> pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
13 >
14 > There is no "nx" in your cpuinfo flags. Therefore, your P4 does not
15 > have the hardware NX bit (or XD bit in Intel wording)