From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened and 64bit
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:27:46
1 On 19 Jul 2007 at 8:39, Brad Plant wrote:
2
3 > That is certainly understandable. I have never done any kernel
4 > programming either. My understanding is (or rathing I am hoping) that
5 > when paravirt_ops gets merged into mainline (looks like this happened
6 > in the last couple of days), the PaX/grsecurity patch will apply
7 > cleanly and work together in harmony. We will also be able to run more
8 > recent kernels instead of only 2.6.18.
9
10 paravirt was merged in 2.6.20 or so and PaX was updated to work with it,
11 it actually runs as a paravirt/vmi kernel under vmware 6 (albeit some
12 features are just not compatible). and .23 will probably get Xen as well
13 bringing the corresponding PaX update with it.
16 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list