From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Exploring Gentoo Hardened
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:24:58
1 Thanks to all that answered. This is going to take some serious study
2 on my part before it makes sense for me to try anything, even in a VM.
3
4 I appreciate all the info.
5
6 Cheers,
7 Mark
8
9 On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name> wrote:
10 > Hi!
11 >
12 > I also can confirm workstation with GrSecurity+PaX (without RBAC/SeLinux)
13 > are very ease to setup and works very well nowadays - all you need is
14 > carefully set kernel options related to GrSecurity and PaX and rebuild all
15 > system using hardened gcc.
16 >
17 > Problematic software are nvidia-drivers (it works, but require extra
18 > paxmarking for some apps like Xorg and mplayer) and vmware (usually need
19 > extra patches and doesn't work on amd64 for years - virtualbox and
20 > qemu/kvm works ok, so it's not a big deal).
21 >
22 > --
23 > WBR, Alex.
24 >