From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I use grSecurity mandatory access control?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 23:29:19
1 On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 18:59 -0400, René Rhéaume wrote:
2 > I have been building and using a grsecurity-enabled kernel for more
3 > than two years. I am accustomed to configure such a kernel. However, I
4 > never used the mandatory access control system that is provided.
5 >
6 > * How do I make a policy?
7 > * Are there reference policies? In that case, where can I get them?
8 > * How do I check a policy for correctness?
9 > * Where can I find more documentation (I found more documentation on
10 > the kernel side of things than on the access control)?
11
12 Your questions would start a huge thread if we begun at this level
13 without you doing some homework first.
16 Go read over this url.
17 http://hardened.gentoo.org/grsecurity.xml
18
19 Then go read
20 http://grsecurity.net
21 Read all the documentation and sign up for the mailing list there.
22 Read some past threads in the archives and you may find most of the
23 answers you are looking for already.
24
25 The start cross referencing stuff between the docs and using the
26 learning modes. It's quite intuitive to administer once you get the
27 initial hang of it.
30 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
31 Gentoo Linux
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list