From: "Mikhail P." <miha@×××××.org>
To: solar@g.o, grsecurity@××××××××××.net, gentoo-hardened@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gentoo Grsecurity Poll
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:59:13
1 On Wednesday 06 August 2003 22:48, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Gentoo Linux includes support for grsecurity in nearly every kernel that
3 > we have. Unfortunately the patch level is not always as up2date as Brad's
4 > code due to the many other patches that are included, however what I'm
5 > wondering here is do the Gentoo users want the option of merging a
6 > vanilla-kernel with just "one" patch applied. It would be called
7 > grsecurity-sources. I would like to use the grsec2 series for this so we
8 > can help Brad debug and get it to a stable level.
9 >
10 > Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome.
11 >
12 > PS: grsec is also used on our production servers, sourceforge also uses
13 > grsec in a production environment.
14
15 I agree with you on this - adding GRSecurity to vanilla-sources as only one
16 patch would be great.
17 I suggest that this should be grsec-1.9.x for now, because there is at least
18 some docs available, while grsec2 has no docs available (only examples in
19 /etc/grsec/acl in default installation; correct me if I'm wrong).
20
21 I'm using grsec2 since pre versions, and it has been stable in production
22 enviroment. In my point, lack of documentation for grsec2 is the only stone
23 on the road. More docs would help users to migrate from 1.9.x to 2.x.
24
25 Mikhail.
28 Why use Windows, since there is a door?
32 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list