From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Tiago Lima <tiago.lima@×××××.pt>
Cc: cmulcahy@×××××.com, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: SELinux Issues
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:49:32
1 On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 05:41, Tiago Lima wrote:
2 > What do you mean by "relabel (devfsd at least)" ?
3
4 Actually, I take this back, you should to a full relabel, since the new
5 base-policy is being merged. When I say full relabel, I mean go to the
6 policy dir and 'make relabel'. When I said relabel devfsd, I meant
7 'rlpkg devfsd'.
8
9 > So for now just deleting the devfsd.te and devfsd.fc files and "make load" (or
10 > make reload ?) and make relabel (followed by a reboot ?) should work ?
11
12 Correct.
13
14 > $ make initrd
15
16 If you're using the /sbin/seinit on the kernel command line, you don't
17 need to use an initrd anymore. The initrd for just the policy does not
18 include any kernel modules, so it is not dependant on the kernel
19 version. If you wanted to change the name of it, you could modify the
20 INITRD= in the policy Makefile. The current policy version is 15
21 (notice the binary policy file is policy.15), and just as long as the
22 kernel supports this policy version, the policy in the initrd is
23 compatible. Don't worry about the policy version changing, it rarely
24 changes, and if it does, you'll hear about it from me :) .
27 Chris PeBenito
28 <pebenito@g.o>
29 Developer,
30 Hardened Gentoo Linux
31 Embedded Gentoo Linux
32
33 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
34 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243