From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Julien Mercay <jmercay@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] avc denied for cron
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:26:31
1 On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 10:43, Julien Mercay wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I got my basic Gentoo Hardened working, but cron still chokes with a few
5 > denied every few minutes. No processes are ever executed by cron, in
6 > both enforces and permissive mode. I'm not sure how to interpret the
7 > following logs.
8
9 I can't reproduce this. Do you have socket and networking hooks turned
10 on in the kernel config (security menu)? It should be turned off.
11
12 > Also, the scontext and tcontext seem to match, so why is the access denied?
13
14 SELinux controls all accesses, even those to the same domain.
17 Chris PeBenito
18 <pebenito@g.o>
19 Developer,
20 Hardened Gentoo Linux
21 Embedded Gentoo Linux
22
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
24 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243