From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: [gentoo-dev] profiles/features/64bit-native/package.use.mask contents redundancy
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:02:58
1 On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:40:04 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 02/12/2012 10:15 AM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
5 > > Feature request:
6 > > Can we add a double-inclusion detector for profiles to repoman?
7 >
8 > If it's not too noisy. Right now, profiles.desc contains 83 profiles
9 > with double inclusions like this. See attached data and scripts.
10
11 Looks nice!
12
13 'desktop/*' thing needs serious effort to restructure that.
14 If teams are willing to make things saner, I would go for
15 warning addition (maybe, guarded by --include-dev option).
16
17 some mips profiles are scary too:
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~slyfox/profiles_mips.png
19
20 Another alternative would be to skip double-inclusion of identical profiles at
21 the portage level, but it sounds very fragile and counterintuitive.
22
23 Maybe, a bit less fragile, than current state.
27 Sergei